As a Church we exist to lift Jesus up over our region, and in our world, and to be a community living missional lives to reach those who don’t know Him.
As a Church we believe in being people of both conviction and compassion and as such we want to hold to God’s unchanging Word and to the central truths of the Christian faith.
Below is an overview of those key beliefs:
- We believe that there is one true God and He is the creator and sustainer of all things. He exists in an eternal community of three distinct persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit (Genesis 1:26, Deuteronomy 6:4 ; Psalm 45:6-7; Psalm 110:1; Isaiah 45:5-6; Isaiah 46:9-10; John 17:3; 1 Corinthians 8:4-6; 1 Timothy 2:5, Matthew 28:17-20; 1 Corinthians 12:4-6).
- We believe that the Bible is true, authoritative and sufficient. We believe that it is eternally relevant and that all scripture is God breathed and useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness (Psalm 19:7-11; 2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:20-21).
- We believe all things were created for and exist for the glory of God, therefore mankind’s main purpose is to glorify God (Psalm 148; 1 Corinthians 10:31).
- We believe that all humanity is created in the image of God.
- We believe in the universal sinfulness of mankind, by birth and action, all falling short of the glory of God. As such all deserve to suffer the consequences of sin which is death (Genesis 6:5; Psalm 51:5; Jeremiah 17:9; Romans 3:23; 5:8, 12-21; 7:18; Ephesians.
- We believe in the conception of Jesus by the Holy Spirit, and in the virgin birth. We believe that Jesus is God in human form and was both fully man and fully God (Matthew 1:20; Luke 2:52; John 1:1-4, 14; Colossians 1:15-20; Hebrews 1:1-3).
- We believe in God’s grace, powerfully demonstrated in the sacrificial death of Jesus Christ on the cross. We believe He was our substitute, absorbing the wrath of God and atoning for our sins (John 1:29; 10:1-18; Romans 5:8; 1 Corinthians 15:1-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Galatians 1:4; 1 Peter 3:18).
- We believe in the physical resurrection of Christ and that he has ascended into heaven. We believe that He is seated at the right hand of the Father interceding for His people and that He will return to judge the living and the dead. Only those who turn from sin and to Jesus in faith and repentance will be raised to eternal reward (Matthew 28:1-20; Mark 16:1-8; Luke 24:1-53; John 1:20-21:25; 1 Corinthians 15:12-34; John 14:3; Acts 1:11; 1 Thessalonians 4:16; Hebrews 9:28; 1 John 3:2; Revelation 1:7).
- We believe that the Church is the people of God, and the precious bride of Christ. They are a group of imperfect people, held together by grace. We believe that God calls all followers of Jesus to be part of a local Church community and that the Church gathers to worship, equip and disciple and scatters to share the Gospel.
- We believe that all disciples of Christ are called to serve God and share the Gospel with their lives, both in the Church and in the world, using the gifts that God has given them (Ephesians 4:1-16).
- We believe that salvation is a work of the Holy Spirit, opening the hearts of sinners and granting them repentance towards God and faith in Christ.
- We believe that in Christ we are a new creation. We are the children of God, heirs of His promises and that through faith in the work and person of Christ we can be reconciled to God, forgiven of our sin and experience true joy and life (2 Corinthians 5:17, Ephesians 1:7).
- We believe that the Holy Spirit indwells all believers at the point of conversion and endows each with spiritual gifts according to His will. These gifts are used to glorify God as His witnesses, equip people for ministry and to ensure that the body of Christ functions powerfully and effectively (Ephesians 4:1-16).
- We believe in the power of the Gospel. We are not ashamed of it as it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes. It is truly good news (Romans 1:16).